Founder & President & CEO of Amazing Leaderness
Florida State University, B.S. in Marketing
Why I ❤ Connect - "Being around talented people who are continuously developing new, creative ideas. It's inspiring to participate in a brain-swarming session when an idea is born, then seeing it developed, tested and implemented to produce results for a client."
- Biggest career path influencer: My wife, Jenny, for always encouraging me to chase my crazy ideas and her unwavering support when they fail.
- I can't work without this one thing: White board. Every great idea starts with a sketch or wireframe then grows from there.
- Currently reading: "Contagious: Why Things Catch On" by Jonah Berger
- Dogs or cats? Neither, I'm allergic.
- Best advice you've received: The purpose of your life is not to serve your business, but that the primary purpose of your business is to serve your life. It’s actually a pretty freeing message when you think about it.
- Favorite app: Evernote
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Very close up shot of two best friends taking nap in a daytime
Account Director of Awesome Allons-y
University of North Florida, B.A. in English
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love that every person has an impact here. We are a tight team that is always looking for the best idea, and we all know good ideas can come from anywhere, so we're always on the lookout for them."
- Biggest career path influencer: Probably our web and video director, Rachel Cardy. She first brought me into Connect Agency as a freelance writer and the first time I walked in the building, I knew this is where I wanted to work.
- I can't work without this one thing: Pilot G-2 07 Pens. It's an obsession actually. I almost can't write with any other kind of pen.
- Drink of choice: A neat Laphroaig 10-Year Scotch. Or Dr. Pepper. I can't decide.
- Dogs or cats? Dogs. Obviously.
- Favorite book: The Four Million by O. Henry
- Spirit animal: According to an internet survey, a hummingbird. According to my wife, a lemur.
- Lunch break surfing: YouTube
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Senior Old Man Read Book Amazing Face Crazy Shocked Eyes Confused Surprised People
Account Manager & Architect of Amazing
University of Florida, B.S. in Advertising #GoGators
Why I ❤ Connect - "There’s something to be said about a team that purposefully cultivates an environment of inclusion. Connect is an agency that values each member of the team as an individual and as a professional."
- Biggest career path influencer: I have the greatest, most supportive family in all history. The support of my parents, my brother, and my partner alone gave me all the encouragement I needed to make grown-up decisions (like figuring out what I’d be doing for the rest of my life) at a young age (like 17).
- Favorite App: Heads Up!
- Favorite book: “A Visit from the Goon Squad” by Jennifer Egan
- Dogs or cats? Cats. I can’t remember how I lived before Ben and Iris.
- Which TV character are you most like? A mixture of Amy from Brooklyn 99 and Amy from Superstore
- Best advice you've received: The best advice I ever received was actually a question asked in a time of need: “What do you want?” Nothing like a short and simple open-ended question to force you to get some direction.
- Spirit animal: Wolf. I am very intensely interested in all things.
Account Manager with a Flourish of Fantastic
Florida State University, B.S. in Information, Communication and Technology
Why I ❤ Connect - "The environment. You have the opportunity to work with extremely talented people who are always willing to help you grow. The occasional Nerf gun fights and office puppies are pretty great too."
- Biggest career path influencer: My dad. He always taught me if you find something that you love then you will never work a day in your life.
- Drink of choice: Tequila. It gets me.
- Favorite book: The Catcher in the Rye
- Which TV character are you most like? Aspiring Leslie Knope on the weekdays, Jean-Ralphio on the weekends.
- Favorite FL park ride: The E.T. ride. Something about that little alien makes me happy.
- Spirit animal: Honey Badger
- Lunch break surfing: Snapchat or Instagram
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Funny dogs taking selfie on white background
Account Manager who can fly twice as high
- Biggest career path influencer: My parents. Whatever they’ve told me to do career-wise, I do the exact opposite. Just kidding! My career has included a lot of taking their advice under consideration and adapting it to fit my life and goals.
- Drink of choice: Black coffee and Diet Coke until 5:30pm, and then red wine.
- Favorite book: The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. It’s a great mix of history, murder mystery and architecture!
- Favorite FL park ride: Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios
- Spirit animal: Eagle
- I can't work without this one thing: Sticky Notes!
- Dogs or cats: Dogs. But really if I had the choice, baby kangaroos.
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Astrologist holding a pendulum above wedding rings, to see if the baby will be a boy or a girl
PR Manager to the Stars (of Jacksonville)
University of Wisconsin—Madison, B.A. in Journalism and Political Science
Why I ❤ Connect - "I’ve never had so much fun coming to “work.” I love the collaborative environment and being part of this amazing team of smart, driven professionals. So happy and grateful to be here!"
- Biggest career path influencer: My mom—I grew up hearing all her stories of working in PR (the good, the bad and the crises). She also encouraged my passion for writing from a young age, and she taught me that I can do anything, as long as I love it.
- Favorite book: “Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban” — The cover of my copy is a little chewed from Teddy’s puppy days, so it looks like a werewolf got it ;)
- Dogs or cats? What’s life without dogs???
- Which TV character are you most like? Supergirl (and her reporter alter ego, Kara Danvers). I may not have super powers, but I aspire to be as brave, helpful and positive.
- Best advice you've received: You are not defined by your career. You are defined by how you help others.
- Spirit animal: My Labrador retriever, Teddy—aka the Heavyweight Begging Champion of the World. A fellow Badger alum, he moved with me to Florida from Wisconsin and now enjoys the sunny weather and his job as Barketing Manager!
Account Coordinator & Resident Disney Expert
Jacksonville University, B.A. in Communication
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love the work I do, but I really love our 'teamwork makes the dream work' attitude."
- Biggest career path influencer: My parents. They’ve always supported me with whatever I wanted to do, which includes wanting to be a firefighter when I was five... before I found out that fire stations do NOT have dalmatians. Even after that life shaking disappointment, they were there for me.
- I can't work without this one thing: My stapler, but only if it is in jello.
- Drink of choice: New Coke
- Dogs or cats? Dogs!
- Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice
- Favorite FL park ride: Wait. Does this mean people actually go to theme parks besides Walt Disney World?
- Spirit animal: That caterpillar from A Bug’s Life who just keeps eating.
- Lunch break surfing: Netflix, although I tend to watch the same 3-4 shows over and over again.
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Llangollen United Kingdom - July 23 2017: Full size Dalek display from the British TV series Doctor Who
Account Coordinator AKA Big Papi
B.S. in Marketing
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love Connect because of the exciting environment and being able to work with one of the smartest and most dedicated team of professionals in Jacksonville."
- Biggest career path influencer: My wife, cause she is the one that always encourages me to chase my dreams and pushes me to become better every day
- Drink of choice: Hands down its sweet tea!
- Which TV character are you most like? Sherlock Holmes; he is my favorite character of all time and I find myself trying to analyze things like him
- Dogs or cats? Dogs, no contest
- Favorite FL park ride: The Hulk at Islands of Adventure
- Spirit animal: Dinosaurs, cause they're large and in charge
- Lunch break surfing: YouTube
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Pug swim in swimming pool with life vest
Account Coordinator & Tony Danza's Tiny Dancer
Florida State University, B.A. in Humanities
Why I ❤ Connect - "We are the definition of our company name. We all connect and support one another. It make for a pleasant atmosphere to feel as part of a team! "
- Biggest career path influencer: My old boss Alex who helped me realize the value in what I do and taught me that as long as you know the “what” and the “why” you can figure out the “how.” Also, my parents who taught me to “love what you do and the money will come!”
- Drink of choice: San Sebastian Vinters Red
- I can't work without this one thing: Music
- Dogs or cats? 100% dogs
- Favorite book: The Great Gatsby
- Spirit animal: A corgi
- Favorite FL park ride: The Mummy at Universal Studios
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Sleepy seal
Rachel K. Cardy
Director of Web & Video; on Team Calzone
University of Florida, B.S. in Telecommunication-Production #GoGators
Why I ❤ Connect - "Connect allows you to excel in your strengths to the benefit of the whole team, without feeling pigeonholed. It's a place where you can learn and grow and evolve into the best professional version of yourself."
- Biggest career path influencer: My husband Andrew, who has been my rock as we have both worked hard to collaboratively pursue our God-fueled dreams.
- Drink of choice: Orange Vanilla Coke Zero
- Lunch break surfing: Jimmy Fallon's #Hashtags
- I can't work without this one thing: Asana. Checking off those little to-do boxes makes me so happy.
- Favorite FL park ride: The Rip Ride Rockit Coaster blasting Limp Bizkit's Rollin'
- Which TV character are you most like? Ben Wyatt — a super smart nerdish type* but very creative when the opportunity presents itself. Also, I love Settlers of Catan.
- Dogs or Cats? Cats FTW! I love my Jim and Pam
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Cat and chihuahua dressed looking at each other
Lead Graphic Designer & Our Savannah Sweetheart
The Illinois Institute of Art - Schaumburg, Bachelor of Fine Arts
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love the positive environment. Everyone is so fun, supportive, helpful, and encouraging! It's an incredible place to work!"
- Biggest career path influencer: My family has always encouraged me to pursue something creative and my mom thought that graphic design would be a great fit for me. I'm so glad she pushed me in that direction - I love it!
- Drink of choice: Wine! Preferably Chardonnay.
- I can't work without this one thing: Peanut butter pretzels!
- Dogs or Cats? CATS CATS CATS. Some would call me a crazy cat lady.
- Favorite FL park ride: My weak stomach will not allow this answer.
- Lunch break surfing: Snapchat
- Which TV character are you most like? Dory from Finding Nemo!
- Spirit animal: A quiz told me I was a butterfly. Fly around, sit on a flower, etc. I'll take it!
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Crazy smiling cow with tongue looking to a camera on blue clear background