Founder & President & Second to Noleone
Florida State University, B.S. in Marketing
Why I ❤ Connect - "Being around talented people who are continuously developing new, creative ideas. It's inspiring to participate in a brain-swarming session when an idea is born, then seeing it developed, tested and implemented to produce results for a client."
- Biggest career path influencer: My wife, Jenny, for always encouraging me to chase my crazy ideas and her unwavering support when they fail.
- I can't work without this one thing: White board. Every great idea starts with a sketch or wireframe then grows from there.
- Currently reading: "Contagious: Why Things Catch On" by Jonah Berger
- Dogs or cats? Neither, I'm allergic.
- Best advice you've received: The purpose of your life is not to serve your business, but that the primary purpose of your business is to serve your life. It’s actually a pretty freeing message when you think about it.
- Favorite app: Evernote
Account Director & Mindfulness Mentor
University of Colorado at Denver, B.S. in Business Management, Marketing
Why I ❤ Connect - "I have the honor of leading a team of rock stars who inspire me every day with their confidence and grace"
- Biggest career path influencer: Two amazing women in Denver mentored me early in my career
- I can't work without this one thing: My laptop
- Drink of choice: Wine
- Dogs or cats? Yes
- Best advice you've received: Life reflects back whatever the thinker thinks into it.
- Favorite book: Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Spirit animal: A dragon
- Which TV character are you most like? Stella Gibson from The Fall
Account Manager & Architect of Amazing
University of Florida, B.S. in Advertising #GoGators
Why I ❤ Connect - "There’s something to be said about a team that purposefully cultivates an environment of inclusion. Connect is an agency that values each member of the team as an individual and as a professional."
- Biggest career path influencer: I have the greatest, most supportive family in all history. The support of my parents, my brother, and my partner alone gave me all the encouragement I needed to make grown-up decisions (like figuring out what I’d be doing for the rest of my life) at a young age (like 17).
- Favorite App: Heads Up!
- Favorite book: “A Visit from the Goon Squad” by Jennifer Egan
- Dogs or cats? Cats. I can’t remember how I lived before Ben and Iris.
- Which TV character are you most like? A mixture of Amy from Brooklyn 99 and Amy from Superstore
- Best advice you've received: The best advice I ever received was actually a question asked in a time of need: “What do you want?” Nothing like a short and simple open-ended question to force you to get some direction.
- Spirit animal: Wolf. I am very intensely interested in all things.
Account Manager with a Flourish of Fantastic
Florida State University, B.S. in Information, Communication and Technology
Why I ❤ Connect - "The environment. You have the opportunity to work with extremely talented people who are always willing to help you grow. The occasional Nerf gun fights and office puppies are pretty great too."
- Biggest career path influencer: My dad. He always taught me if you find something that you love then you will never work a day in your life.
- Drink of choice: Tequila. It gets me.
- Favorite book: The Catcher in the Rye
- Which TV character are you most like? Aspiring Leslie Knope on the weekdays, Jean-Ralphio on the weekends.
- Favorite FL park ride: The E.T. ride. Something about that little alien makes me happy.
- Spirit animal: Honey Badger
- Lunch break surfing: Snapchat or Instagram
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Funny dogs taking selfie on white background
Account Manager & Tony Danza's Tiny Dancer
Florida State University, B.A. in Humanities
Why I ❤ Connect - "We are the definition of our company name. We all connect and support one another. It make for a pleasant atmosphere to feel as part of a team! "
- Biggest career path influencer: My old boss Alex who helped me realize the value in what I do and taught me that as long as you know the “what” and the “why” you can figure out the “how.” Also, my parents who taught me to “love what you do and the money will come!”
- Drink of choice: San Sebastian Vinters Red
- I can't work without this one thing: Music
- Dogs or cats? 100% dogs
- Favorite book: The Great Gatsby
- Spirit animal: A corgi
- Favorite FL park ride: The Mummy at Universal Studios
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Sleepy seal
Account Coordinator Extraordinaire
University of North Florida, B.S. in Communication and Public Relations, minor in Marketing
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love the creative, collaborative work environment that Connect cultivates... Being part of a team that supports and encourages one another."
- Biggest career path influencer: Allison Dukes! She was my supervisor when I started as an intern at Connect and has made such an impact on my life. It's a dream to be working alongside her now!
- I can't work without this one thing: Coffee, specifically an iced honey latte.
- Which TV character are you most like? Jess from New Girl. I'm incredibly naive and the epitome of a girly-girl.
- Dogs or cats? Cats!
- Favorite FL park ride: The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I'm a big '80s classic rock fan.
Account Coordinator of Merry Melodies
Florida State University, B.A. in Media and Communication Studies, double minor in Music and English
Why I ❤ Connect - "Connect is the first place I've worked where I feel completely at home with those around me. Our team is truly a family, we have so much in common and all support one another in accomplishing our goals."
- Currently reading: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- I can't work without this one thing: Coffee - the strong kind
- Which TV character are you most like? Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy
- Dogs or cats? Dogs (Specifically pugs)
- Favorite FL park ride: Anything Harry Potter or Star Wars themed!
- Favorite app: Pinterest for all those yummy recipes and fashion inspo
Account Coordinator & Jet-setter
Flagler College, B.A. in Digital Media Production and Journalism
Why I ❤ Connect - "You never stop learning! Our team is full of smart, talented, and creative professionals - there’s always something new we can learn from each other!"
- Biggest career path influencer: Dr. Paige Chapman. She was one of my journalism professors in college, and she still inspires me to this day. Her passion for journalism and teaching is contagious!
- I can't work without this one thing: A sweater. I can’t function in the cold. No wonder I live in Florida.
- Dogs or cats? I am obsessed with every cat I’ve ever met. So…cats?
- Favorite Book: The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- Which TV character are you most like? Nancy Wheeler from Stranger Things
Director of Communications & Fun Times
University of Wisconsin—Madison, B.A. in Journalism and Political Science
Why I ❤ Connect - "I’ve never had so much fun coming to “work.” I love the collaborative environment and being part of this amazing team of smart, driven professionals. So happy and grateful to be here!"
- Biggest career path influencer: My mom—I grew up hearing all her stories of working in PR (the good, the bad and the crises). She also encouraged my passion for writing from a young age, and she taught me that I can do anything, as long as I love it.
- Favorite book: “Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban” — The cover of my copy is a little chewed from Teddy’s puppy days, so it looks like a werewolf got it ;)
- Dogs or cats? What’s life without dogs???
- Which TV character are you most like? Supergirl (and her reporter alter ego, Kara Danvers). I may not have super powers, but I aspire to be as brave, helpful and positive.
- Best advice you've received: You are not defined by your career. You are defined by how you help others.
- Spirit animal: My Labrador retriever, Teddy—aka the Heavyweight Begging Champion of the World. A fellow Badger alum, he moved with me to Florida from Wisconsin and now enjoys the sunny weather and his job as Barketing Manager!
Rachel K. Cardy
Director of Web & Video; on Team Calzone
University of Florida, B.S. in Telecommunication-Production #GoGators
Why I ❤ Connect - "Connect allows you to excel in your strengths to the benefit of the whole team, without feeling pigeonholed. It's a place where you can learn and grow and evolve into the best professional version of yourself."
- Biggest career path influencer: My husband Andrew, who has been my rock as we have both worked hard to collaboratively pursue our God-fueled dreams.
- Drink of choice: Orange Vanilla Coke Zero
- Lunch break surfing: Jimmy Fallon's #Hashtags
- I can't work without this one thing: Asana. Checking off those little to-do boxes makes me so happy.
- Favorite FL park ride: The Rip Ride Rockit Coaster or Expedition Everest
- Which TV character are you most like? Ben Wyatt — a super smart nerdish type* but very creative when the opportunity presents itself. Also, I love Settlers of Catan.
- Dogs or Cats? Cats FTW! I love my Jim and Pam
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Cat and chihuahua dressed looking at each other
Lead Graphic Designer & Southern Sweetheart
The Illinois Institute of Art - Schaumburg, Bachelor of Fine Arts
Why I ❤ Connect - "The people who work here are the best of the best. Everyone is fun-loving, helpful, and encouraging."
- Biggest career path influencer: Since I was three years old my mom has pushed my creativity. Graphic design was 100% her idea and I'm incredibly thankful for that today.
- Best advice you've received: A fly ball over the third baseman's head is the shortstop's ball.
- I can't work without this one thing: A place to put my bare feet up
- Dogs or Cats? I have a hyper, intelligent Belgian Malinois that really deserves her own species and a chonky, 21lb, bow tie-wearing cat. How can one choose?
- Favorite FL park ride: Expedition Everest
- Lunch break surfing: Pinterest
- Favorite book: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
- Spirit animal: A lizard. I cannot survive without a significant amount of sunshine.