Founder & President & CEO of Amazing Leaderness
Florida State University, B.S. in Marketing
Why I ❤ Connect - "Being around talented people who are continuously developing new, creative ideas. It's inspiring to participate in a brain-swarming session when an idea is born, then seeing it developed, tested and implemented to produce results for a client."
- Biggest career path influencer: My wife, Jenny, for always encouraging me to chase my crazy ideas and her unwavering support when they fail.
- I can't work without this one thing: White board. Every great idea starts with a sketch or wireframe then grows from there.
- Currently reading: "Contagious: Why Things Catch On" by Jonah Berger
- Dogs or cats? Neither, I'm allergic.
- Best advice you've received: The purpose of your life is not to serve your business, but that the primary purpose of your business is to serve your life. It’s actually a pretty freeing message when you think about it.
- Favorite app: Evernote
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Very close up shot of two best friends taking nap in a daytime
Account Director of Awesome Allons-y
University of North Florida, B.A. in English
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love that every person has an impact here. We are a tight team that is always looking for the best idea, and we all know good ideas can come from anywhere, so we're always on the lookout for them."
- Biggest career path influencer: Probably our web and video director, Rachel Cardy. She first brought me into Connect Agency as a freelance writer and the first time I walked in the building, I knew this is where I wanted to work.
- I can't work without this one thing: Pilot G-2 07 Pens. It's an obsession actually. I almost can't write with any other kind of pen.
- Drink of choice: A neat Laphroaig 10-Year Scotch. Or Dr. Pepper. I can't decide.
- Dogs or cats? Dogs. Obviously.
- Favorite book: The Four Million by O. Henry
- Spirit animal: According to an internet survey, a hummingbird. According to my wife, a lemur.
- Lunch break surfing: YouTube
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Senior Old Man Read Book Amazing Face Crazy Shocked Eyes Confused Surprised People
Account Manager Extraordinaire
Florida State University, B.S. in Marketing
Why I ❤ Connect - "Our team is amazing. We work hard, we play hard, and we always gave a great time doing it."
- Biggest career path influencer: My sister. She encouraged me to make the move to NYC after college and living and working there continues to influence me every day!
- I can't work without this one thing: My notebook/pen and paper. Anytime an idea sparks I automatically write it down — never know where inspiration will come from and always want to be ready!
- Drink of choice: Depends on the time of day. AM: Iced coffee, PM: All the wine.
- Dogs or cats? Sam!
- Favorite FL park ride: Splash Mountain.
- Spirit animal: Koala, nap queen.
- Lunch break surfing: Daily Mail.
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Assorted donuts with chocolate frosted pink glazed and sprinkles donuts
Junior Account Manager with a Dash of Dramatic
University of Florida, B.S. in Advertising #GoGators
Why I ❤ Connect - "There’s something to be said about a team that purposefully cultivates an environment of inclusion. Connect is an agency that values each member of the team as an individual and as a professional."
- Biggest career path influencer: I have the greatest, most loving and supportive family in all history. The support of my parents, my brother, and my husband alone gave me all the encouragement I needed to make grown-up decisions (like figuring out what I’d be doing for the rest of my life) at a young age (like 17).
- Favorite App: Head's Up!
- Favorite book: “A Visit from the Goon Squad” by Jennifer Egan
- Dogs or cats? Cats. I can’t remember how I lived before Ben and Iris.
- Which TV character are you most like? Linda Belcher from Bob’s Burgers
- Best advice you've received: The best advice I ever received was actually a question asked in a time of need: “What do you want?” Nothing like a short and simple open-ended question to force you to get some direction.
- Spirit animal: Wolf. I am very intensely interested in all things.
Account Coordinator & Resident Disney Expert
Jacksonville University, B.A. in Communication
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love the work I do, but I really love our 'teamwork makes the dream work' attitude."
- Biggest career path influencer: My parents. They’ve always supported me with whatever I wanted to do, which includes wanting to be a firefighter when I was five... before I found out that fire stations do NOT have dalmatians. Even after that life shaking disappointment, they were there for me.
- I can't work without this one thing: My stapler, but only if it is in jello.
- Drink of choice: New Coke
- Dogs or cats? Dogs!
- Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice
- Favorite FL park ride: Wait. Does this mean people actually go to theme parks besides Walt Disney World?
- Spirit animal: That caterpillar from A Bug’s Life who just keeps eating.
- Lunch break surfing: Netflix, although I tend to watch the same 3-4 shows over and over again.
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Llangollen United Kingdom - July 23 2017: Full size Dalek display from the British TV series Doctor Who
Account Coordinator with a Flourish of Fantastic
Florida State University, B.S. in Information, Communication and Technology
Why I ❤ Connect - "The environment. You have the opportunity to work with extremely talented people who are always willing to help you grow. The occasional Nerf gun fights and office puppies are pretty great too."
- Biggest career path influencer: My dad. He always taught me if you find something that you love then you will never work a day in your life.
- Drink of choice: Tequila. It gets me.
- Favorite book: The Catcher in the Rye
- Which TV character are you most like? Aspiring Leslie Knope on the weekdays, Jean-Ralphio on the weekends.
- Favorite FL park ride: The E.T. ride. Something about that little alien makes me happy.
- Spirit animal: Honey Badger
- Lunch break surfing: Snapchat or Instagram
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Funny dogs taking selfie on white background
Account Coordinator AKA Big Papi
B.S. in Marketing
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love Connect because of the exciting environment and being able to work with one of the smartest and most dedicated team of professionals in Jacksonville."
- Biggest career path influencer: My wife, cause she is the one that always encourages me to chase my dreams and pushes me to become better every day
- Drink of choice: Hands down its sweet tea!
- Which TV character are you most like? Sherlock Holmes; he is my favorite character of all time and I find myself trying to analyze things like him
- Dogs or cats? Dogs, no contest
- Favorite FL park ride: The Hulk at Islands of Adventure
- Spirit animal: Dinosaurs, cause they're large and in charge
- Lunch break surfing: YouTube
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Pug swim in swimming pool with life vest
Account Coordinator and F·R·I·E·N·D
Flagler College, B.A. in Strategic Communication
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love that everyone has a say and an idea is never completely off the table. Having autonomy and a fun, supportive environment in the workplace is very important to me. I feel like I found exactly what I was looking for at Connect!"
- Biggest career path influencer: My mom & sister. I’ve always felt the need to lead by example so my little sister sees that she can do anything she sets her mind to. My heart beats to make them proud.
- I can't work without this one thing: Sunlight! I love how awake and alive I feel after a short break outside in between tasks.
- Drink of choice: Mango Magic smoothie from Tropical Smoothie. I daydream about them more often than I’m proud to admit.
- Dogs or cats? Dachshunds!
- Spirit animal: I have a Dachshund who swears she’s a Rottweiler. She’s cute, brave, stubborn, sleepy and always hungry. I’ve never met anyone or anything more like myself.
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Shocked, surprised child fed up, bored or showing despair
Rachel K. Cardy
Director of Web & Video; on Team Calzone
University of Florida, B.S. in Telecommunication-Production #GoGators
Why I ❤ Connect - "Connect allows you to excel in your strengths to the benefit of the whole team, without feeling pigeonholed. It's a place where you can learn and grow and evolve into the best professional version of yourself."
- Biggest career path influencer: There have been so many! Ty, a mentor and friend who encouraged me in the early years of my career and helped me realize my professional value; Phil, who reminded me that if you aren't truly happy somewhere, then it's not worth staying; and my husband Andrew, who has been my rock as we have both worked hard to collaboratively pursue our God-fueled dreams.
- Drink of choice: Vanilla Coke Zero
- Lunch break surfing: Jimmy Fallon's #Hashtags
- Favorite FL park ride: The Rip Ride Rockit Coaster blasting Limp Bizkit's Rollin'
- Which TV character are you most like? Ben Wyatt — a super smart nerdish type* but very creative when the opportunity presents itself. Also, I love Settlers of Catan.
- Dogs or Cats? Cats FTW! I love my Jim and Pam
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Cat and chihuahua dressed looking at each other
Lead Graphic Designer & Our Savannah Sweetheart
The Illinois Institute of Art - Schaumburg, Bachelor of Fine Arts
Why I ❤ Connect - "I love the positive environment. Everyone is so fun, supportive, helpful, and encouraging! It's an incredible place to work!"
- Biggest career path influencer: My family has always encouraged me to pursue something creative and my mom thought that graphic design would be a great fit for me. I'm so glad she pushed me in that direction - I love it!
- Drink of choice: Wine! Preferably Chardonnay.
- I can't work without this one thing: Peanut butter pretzels!
- Dogs or Cats? CATS CATS CATS. Some would call me a crazy cat lady.
- Favorite FL park ride: My weak stomach will not allow this answer.
- Lunch break surfing: Snapchat
- Which TV character are you most like? Dory from Finding Nemo!
- Spirit animal: A quiz told me I was a butterfly. Fly around, sit on a flower, etc. I'll take it!
- Favorite stock photo you've stumbled upon: Crazy smiling cow with tongue looking to a camera on blue clear background